The Office of State Representative Kelly Cassidy is seeking energetic, politically minded students and community members to work in the Chicago 14th Legislative District Office for both school year and summer periods. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the inside workings of a state legislative office while making valuable contacts for a future role in government and politics. Interns will sharpen their communication and analytical skills, gain an enhanced understanding of all levels of government, and work directly with municipal, county, state, and federal government officials. The scope and content of the position will be shaped around the unique talents and interests of the particular student.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Legislative research and correspondence
- Handling constituent cases and concerns
- Regular maintenance of office records
- Assisting with administrative tasks in office
- Good written, oral and organizational skills
- Professional office and telephone demeanor
- A basic knowledge of government and an interest in learning more
- Analytical and detail oriented
Start/end date and hours are flexible, however interns should be available during office hours (Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm). Evening and weekend hours are also available but will vary from week to week. The internships are unpaid, but many students are able to receive college or even high school credit, depending on the requirements of the school. Interns will work in the Chicago office, located at 5533 N. Broadway. The office is easily accessed by public transportation and street parking is generally available.
For more information please contact: 773-784-2002